The objective of the qualification is to prepare learners to progress into further/higher level training and is designed to provide learners with an awareness of the benefits of risk assessment in any environment.
The qualification provides learners with an understanding of the responsibilities of employers; the main causes and costs of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill-health; the role of risk assessment in the prevention of accidents and ill-health; the requirements of a risk assessment; a process for undertaking a risk assessment; and a method to evaluate risk.
1. Understand why risk assessments are necessary for maintaining and improving standards of health and safety at work
2. Understand the principles of risk assessment
The qualification is assessed through a multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination. The examination contains 15 questions that must be completed within 30 minutes.
• Highfield Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (RQF)
• Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace (RQF)
• Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace (RQF)
Get in touch using this form and we’ll contact you about what we can do for you.